Friday, May 19, 2023

Part 8 of 5 Years of Solitude, May 19, 2023


 




Part 8, May 19, 2023

- OK.

- What was today’s greatest moment (so far)?

- Me: When I held a fluttering hummingbird in my hand, for the briefest of instants, freeing it gently from where its beak had gotten stuck, in the old screen door. Feeling the flutter of the tips of her wing feathers, I opened my hand right away, once i got its beak unstuck. It never stopped moving, in my loosely closed hands. And all i felt were its wings. The whole thing took a second, not quite 2 seconds. I’m ridin’ high on the experience, since then. Till the next cool thing like that comes around…. Yay!

- Pause…

Below, you find some words, questions, replies, and comments, having to do with the subject of “racism” as well as “general discrimination,” which is going on everywhere, for every (bloody) reason people can “dream up.”

It’s also being hotly discussed, at the moment.

I have been observing this “global dialog” since a long time. After all, every color is practicing “racism” against each other, and against the rest. Sometimes I fear that it doesn’t seem to matter any more, what is said. If we don’t put the desire to be free of the “color issue” into simple practice, then we’re “screwed.”

We “need” for it to NOT matter any longer. Right? So, let’s project that out into the world around us. Directly from the heart. In Peace.


( I'm not saying that the question below is especially “racist.” neither by intention, nor any other way.

It could well be just the question: “Why aren’t there any white dudes in your group?")


FaceBook-Talk 

-ORIGINAL QUESTION, by J.E.:

“Alex No white men in your group why is that.”


- First of my answers:

"... why not ask the "white men?" I am an old, Caucasian woman, working for Alex as a volunteer, long-distance. Actually, there is a younger "white woman," in one of the previous photographs. In fact, your question led me to realize that "white men" are, indeed, rather absent.

Food for Thought! Thank you for that! I'd say the main reason is because this is Africa. And the people Alex works with, live in specific, remote, tribal areas, poor areas, where not a lot of white people want to live...It is a local, African issue, dealt with by those directly affected."

😉

- Answer to Alex Ngabirano's reaction (to my answer), to J. E’s question above:

"Thanks, for acknowledging my comment/answer to John Evans' question. (I apologize for all white people.) Hahahaha! (Nobody can do that). As you well know!? 

I am so hoping that one fine day, maybe those children you teach "Conservation," will be living in a world of their own making, where no "Conversations," or thoughts about people's colors, are necessary, or of particular importance, except for thinking how beautiful the colors of the world can be.

We know how ugly they can be too. We have all seen it, no matter what color. And I believe I speak for people of all colors, when I say, we are SO sick and tired of it.

What we must to do, to make the change, is to practice it, to make it part of our being, and spread it wherever we can.

Accept that we all bleed red, under any skin color, and agree, that we don't have to make any more people bleed, in order to remember it!

Break down all the walls, and don't build any more of them, ever!

True "non-racists" (a term I just used for ‘want’ of a more appropriate one.), They don't even think about the color of others, as a defining part, of what makes us human or, special. They delight in the variety of color, and beauty around them, as a given, like looking at flowers, then move on and just continue to exist, as ONE, together.... (period).

(of course, that's just how i see it. i wish it 2 b tru!)

C.W.

Bigli Migli A line art person with a body in the form of a square he is holding a small red heart that is on a stick in the hands sticker



No comments:

Post a Comment