Monday, May 15, 2023

5 Years of Solitude



5 YEARS OF SOLITUDE (edited versions)

🙂
Part 1 (Of, hopefully, many more to come)
Let me tell y’all how it started. I mean the thing about those 5 years.
Earlier this morning (or whatever time it was), I found myself pondering about one of my daily posts, on FB, regarding the unfortunate but, unavoidable, side-effects of speaking one’s mind (i.e., the truth) which, of course, is one of those activities everybody on the planet has to do for themselves, and then see what happens. Shucks!
(I’m beginning to grin…)
Those activities, rather too often, turn out to be the ones least liked and, also, least appreciated.
(“Why, why, why…?” Like in that song on the Graceland album, by Paul Simon AND all the wonderful South African Musicians.)
Right, back to the subject at hand. I was talking about 5 solitary years (more or less so, thankfully not entirely), and how difficult it has been, during certain, extreme, periods, which kept rolling in and out, slowly, like long ‘n lazy morning waves, to keep it together.
What connects this to being truthful? Well, it has to do with where I live now. And, as a “stranger,” how the northern New Mexico “way of life” just makes me want to scream, at times. (I admit, I was warned, lol.)
FYI: I have lived in Northern New Mexico almost 26 years. But this far North, only since 5 years.
Entonces. This move North, among other things, has changed me. I don't go outside much anymore, and spend most of each day with my ruminations, about the creatures that surround me (my favorites), and the people (… somewhat less fav.) in this small, quite rural, town of Questa, NM, along Highway 522. Where we arrived one day, in May, 5 years ago, in dire need of reasonably priced accommodation, and free 'n natural space, for Billie ‘n me...
(Billie’s my ‘Comadrita Canina Cubana,’ from Matanzas, Cuba, the island, NOT the one in New Mexico! )
(from C.W. April 27, 2023)

No comments:

Post a Comment