Sunday, July 19, 2026

through it (version 2.trashed the first)...


yeah

I know the rules.

plenty of smart people

write about them

online, in magazines.

don’t get attached.

don’t get pulled in.

stay objective.

stay in control. 

Right, lol.

it all makes sense,

in theory.

but here I am,

two hours deep

into the unsteady hum

of body and breath.

where the walls tilt.

the air presses close.

I could climb them,

these walls,

if I could find my footing

inside my own skin.

it feels like

my head is swelling

with static and light,

like the only door out,

is through.

so I go.

step by step.

moment by moment.

until the air softens.

and the noise fades.

is the story finished?

for me, not yet.

for you, maybe, yes, no?

I don't know. 

don't worry.

it's the only sure step in life.


Corinne Wesley ©️ 7/19/2026

No comments:

Post a Comment